Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Do It

I was catching up on some blog reading today and read the following on Alice Pope's, Alice's CWIM Blog:

"Not to get all Nike on you, but if you want a career as a writer, it's not going to happen unless you just do it."

It was another aha moment for me. I've been spending so much time preparing to write, catching up on market research magazines, getting organized, etc. that my actual butt-in-chair writing time has been slim. So, I've been trying to use every opportunity and few spare minutes wisely. I spent time yesterday trying to get organized, so I could hit the road running Monday morning. If I have a block of 15 or 20 minutes, I'm trying to use it to write rather than read or plan something to write. I am seeing the benefits already--a PB idea and wording hit me in the shower this morning and my daughter brought me a piece of paper and pencil to jot it down before I lost it!

I hope you all have a very inspiring week and are able to "just do it." I know I'm going to give it my best.

You can find Alice Pope's wise words at: http://cwim.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment