Wednesday, March 2, 2022

National Read Across America Day

A day to celebrate reading. What more could we want?

This day, National Read Across America Day, is celebrated every year on March 2nd, the birthday of Dr. Seuss. While I will read at least one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books today, I will also be celebrating by reading my own books, BEDTIME KISSES and LITTLE BUG, to a very special group of young kids at John Paul II Elementary, the school in which I serve as Speech/Language Pathologist and the school all of my own kids attended from preschool through 6th grade.

What a privilege! Thank you to Mrs. Morgan for inviting me to visit. I can think of no better way to celebrate the joy of reading than by sharing my own books with children. I love to engage with kids and share my love of reading and books. I strongly believe it is imperative to encourage kids to read and foster a love of books, especially in the face of the technologically driven world in which we live today. It is so important for kids to learn that books are exciting and fun. The stories contained within the pages can transport us to completely different worlds and places as well as allow us to meet new characters and have new life experiences. In addition, reading is relaxing and helps us learn about many things. For, in the words of a very wise Dr. Seuss,

"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."

So, today, as Read Across America Day kicks off the National Reading Month of March, pick up your favorite picture book, novel, biography, etc., and lose yourself in the pages of a great story. And, please, help me spread the word to all those young minds eager to learn and explore. Reading is the very best way to do so!



No comments:

Post a Comment