Thursday, February 17, 2022

Be a Wordsmith

 

Some very dear friends gave me this sign as a gift this past Christmas. I thought many of you would enjoy it and relate. Truer words have never been written, for an author anyway. 

The idea that the act of writing is to "share part of your soul with the world" really resonated with me. This is, ultimately, what we all try to do as writers. This is the heart of any story. Our hearts speaking to our readers' hearts and inciting some type of response. But, it is so scary! There is so much emotion wrapped up in this thought. Fear of the unknown. Fear of not being good enough. Fear a reader may hate what you write and say so publicly.  Writing is scary. Or, rather, putting yourself "out there" as a published author is scary. But I liked what this sign said about comparing yourself only to the writer you were yesterday. Be you, whomever that may be. I am working hard on this and seem to be in a bit of a dry spell, but I will press on. Butt in chair as, "first drafts don't have to be perfect, they just have to be written."

I would love to hear what drives your need to write and how you conquer the scary moments and create magic with your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment