Monday, September 27, 2010

Life

Thought for the week...

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." (Anonymous)

I just read this on a greeting card in a store recently. It struck me that, as authors, this is what we are all about--finding that right mix of words and emotion to create this feeling in our readers. There are a great many things in life which can take our breath away. I know, as a reader, I love this feeling with a really good book; one I just can't bear to put down. It is this feeling that created and nourished my desire to be a writer, to be able to give someone else the great pleasure I get from a really good book. It is what I strive for each and every day, and the goal I hope to one day achieve.

May you experience something today that takes your breath away! Have a wonderful writing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment