Monday, September 20, 2010

Daily Direction

This morning, as I finally returned to reading LIVING WRITE by Kelly L. Stone, I came across some very sage advice. As a "daily direction," she says:

"When you wake up in the morning, say out loud, 'I feel like writing.' Keep saying it until you actually begin to feel like writing, and then go write!"

Aren't those wise words? For me, the trouble is not the lack of feeling like writing but, rather, in the carving out the time to do so. I believe I will post this mantra on my computer, however, to provide added motivation to do so, to just "go write!"

I hope these words can provide some benefit to all of you whether you experience an issue with the desire to write, finding the time to do so or any other daily obstacle that crosses your path.

4 comments:

  1. This cracks me up, Karin. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I feel like saying is, "Morning already?"!! Just go write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially on Mondays!!! The night is just far too short, isn't it?

    Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karin!

    Thanks so much for reading LIVING WRITE! :)

    Best wishes,
    Kelly L. Stone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm very much enjoying your book and look forward to reading more when finished.

    Have a great day!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete