Monday, April 5, 2010

Believe

"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right." Henry Rod

I read this today in Walking on Alligators: A Book of Meditations for Writers by Susan Shaughnessy. It reminded me of something my aunt used to tell me--think you can, think you can't; either way, you're right. It is so true. The power of belief is a strong and daunting force in what one will or will not accomplish on any given day. I know it is for me. If I believe I am going to have a productive day, I am much more likely to accomplish what I set out to accomplish. If I believe I am going to have a fairly unproductive day, that belief typically holds true as well.

How about you? What do you believe you can acomplish today?

4 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Donna's comment section. I love your insight. I have raised my kids while writing but not publishing, so now I too am trying to make this my full time career. It is hard work with many distractions, I still must work full time as a nurse, but so much fun. I will visit often to check out your info. Blessings for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words, Terri, and thanks for stopping by to visit. Writing is hard work with many distractions but well worth the effort in my opinion. Keep at it and good luck to you!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin:

    Thanks for the insightful quote and your take on it. Words to live by. Happy to read you and Terri are now connected. You guys will get along wonderfully!

    Warmly,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for directing Terri my way, Donna. I am excited to get to know her better.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete