Monday, January 18, 2010

Optimistic Denial

As I was catching up on my reading this morning of some of the blogs I follow, I had a major aha moment. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if you don't follow Kristi Holl's blog, Writers First Aid, you should. Kristi is very adept at blogging and providing good, solid advice and information. Here is what I read this morning:

“There’s no difference between a pessimist who says, ‘Oh, it’s hopeless, so don’t bother doing anything,’ and an optimist who says, ‘Don’t bother doing anything, it’s going to turn out fine anyway.’ Either way, nothing happens.” ~~Yvon Chouinard, climber

Kristi talked about optimism being realistic or a cover for denying a problem. I had never considered optimism in this light before and knew immediately that I have a lot of soul searching to do in terms of my own optimistic denial.

Thank you, Kristi, for opening my eyes yet again!

You can read more of Kristi's post as well as all of her others at: http://institutechildrenslit.net/Writers-First-Aid-blog

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karin:

    Great ah-ha moment! Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your ah-ha moment!

    Warm regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna, and thank you for stopping by!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete