Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Goal Setting

First and foremost, let me say Happy New Year! I am a bit slow this year in the goal setting realm which was reiterated quite clearly to me today as I was exploring the KidMagWriters.com website. Here is what jumped out at me...

Get Going with Goals
By Jan Fields

January is a great time to look over what you accomplished in 2009 and work out ways to go a bit further in 2010. Did you get as much done in 2009 as you'd hoped? Probably not since most of us have higher hopes than we have time. But sometimes the problem occurs when you set your goals based on the actions of someone else other than yourself. We can hope or wish for things that involve other people, but goals need to be completely under our control.

Jan offers wonderful words of wisdom in her article. I encourage you all to go take a look at http://www.kidmagwriters.com/workday/office.htm for great steps to goal setting, especially if you are a bit delayed as I am this year! I hope you find Jan's article as helpful as I did today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karin:

    Happy New Year to you too. Thanks for the reference to Jan Fields article.

    Best wishes in attaining your goals.

    Warmly,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete