Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Self-Publishing Question

I recently had a friend contact me for advice on how to go about self-publishing her rhyming picture book about life on the farm. A former student is illustrating it for her and is, reportedly, doing a fabulous job. I've not pursued the self-publishing route before and wasn't sure what to tell her. She really wants to retain rights to the manuscript which is why she does not want to pursue a traditional publishing house. Does anyone have any advice I can pass her or idea of a good source of information on self-publishing? I'd be grateful as would she. Thanks, in advance, for any info you can provide.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karin:

    I don't have any personal experience with self publishing, but Stories for Children Magazine used Lulu.com for their 1st anthology. Tell her to check them out.

    Warm regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    The Golden Pathway Story book Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website
    Don't have time to write and post your media releases? Contact: Dynamic Media Release Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I will pass along the info.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete