Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Editor & Agent Search

I was reading the Stories for Children Newsletter for Writers this morning and came across a piece of advice from Jennifer Carson in "How to Find Yourself a Book Agent." She highly recommeded Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors and Literary Agents. Before purchasing the book, I wanted to ask if any of you have it and, if so, whether it has helped gain access to editors and/or agents. I do not have an agent but am thinking I may need to pursue one for my picture book, Bedtime Kisses. Would this be a helpful book for someone that does not yet have an agent or a published book? I have numerous publishing credits in various magazine markets, but this is my first foray into the picture book arena.

If you want to read Jennifer Carson's article or the SFC Newsletter, you can find them at http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com/Documents/SFCNewsletter_Issue37.pdf.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment