Monday, November 7, 2022

Children's Book Week

 

Today begins the second, of two, full weeks celebrating books for young people and the joy of reading. The first was in May. This week in November, running today through November 13th, is meant to focus specifically on engaging students at schools, libraries and after-school programs.

Children's Book Week was originally established in 1919 and is a celebration not only of books but of connection. How wonderful! Books and connection go hand in hand for me, and it is truly beautiful to see this happen in young people. Perhaps this is why I love writing for kids. Picture books are a magical work of art, and I plan to spend my Children's Book Week immersed in as many picture books as possible.

How about you? What do you like to read? Where and how do you most love to read? I will be back at the end of the week to check in. Until then, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment