Thursday, January 20, 2022

Storm of Ideas

Ideas, ideas, everywhere. Find them here, find them there.

As I am doing the Storystorm challenge this month and striving to come up with 30 ideas in 31 days, I've been thinking a lot about ideas and trying to notice everything around me regardless of where I am and what I am doing. I realized today that this is no different than usual. I am just being far better at writing down my ideas before they escape me than I am in other times of the year. I find myself making notes in my phone or asking someone to text me a thought if I don't have a way to write it down or make a note in my phone. It seems to be working thus far.

I've proven to myself time and time again, regardless of what I think at that given moment, I am incapable of remembering the idea later regardless of how good I think it is. Ideas are but a flitting thought in and out for me most times. I usually do think I will remember the idea or the spin I think would be fun to explore but rarely do if not noted. Therefore, I am going to make a concerted effort to continue to make physical notes of any ideas that pop up throughout the year, not just in January, regardless of when and where they hit. 

I don't know about you, but it does seem, more often than not, the times the best ideas hit are those with the least chance of having a pen or phone to jot them down...in the shower, while driving, etc. I end up talking to myself, repeating over and over whatever thought popped into my head, until such time as I can write it down. Guessing there are many that notice and giggle at me talking to myself, but such is life.

How about you? Where do you find your best ideas? Don't forget to notice everything and everyone around you. One never knows what will pop into the mind when allowed.

Happy idea generating and writing to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment