Monday, October 12, 2009

Ideas!

I am reminded frequently, especially the older I get, of the importance of writing things down. All too often, I don't have a pen and paper handy and believe, erroneously, my idea is so awesome there is no way I'll forget it. And, all too often, it is just a fleeting and unattainable fragment of my original thought when I do get to that pen and paper. As I was reading my daily meditations this morning in Walking on Alligators, I read the following and had a major aha moment.

"Opportunity just exists in the air for a few minutes. If you don't obey your gut feeling right away, you've lost your chance." Ken Hakuta penned these wise words.

I've resolved to keep handy a pen and paper as ideas do tend to present themselves at annoying and seemingly disorganized times--bath time for the kids, school pick up, middle of the night, mid shower, etc.

Per this passage, "Today, I'll snatch my hunches out of the air and jot them down, however hurriedly. They are part of my capital as a writer."

No comments:

Post a Comment