Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Create a Positive Condition

"Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it."
                                                                                             Rabindranath Tagore

This quote was in my planner last week, and I was thinking of it today as I pondered the start of NaNoWriMo tomorrow.  I don't believe I am going to tackle it this year though very much want to do so one of these years.  I have been working on edits of some picture books that I very much want to complete and submit by the end of the year so think I will keep plugging along on them.  

I like this concept of "create the capacity to receive" everything that belongs to us.  One can interpret this in many ways, but I like how it can apply to writing.  Create the capacity to receive and be open to new ideas, create the capacity to write and edit, create the capacity to work hard and put forth effort and time to achieve the desired outcome, the "everything" we want...to produce a book a publisher wants to publish, that children want to read over and over, that parents are willing to read over and over, that continues to sell and stays relevant to children over time.

This concept brings fresh life to my writing senses today.  I am going to use the motivation to continue to create and receive all I am capable of.  I hope to have something to show for it in the days to come.

Good luck to all of you embarking on NaNoWriMo!




4 comments:

  1. I don't do NaNo because November is typically crazy enough, but I do love that quote. It makes me think of life more than writing. So often opportunities come to us, but our minds are too closed--trapped in the mental cage we've created--to see that we can actually grasp them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Crystal, and am often guilty of that myself. Something to work on for sure! I also agree that November is crazy enough. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Like Crystal said, that is a great quote.
    Good for you. I bet you have some beautiful stories ready soon. You have the desire and the talent. Have fun with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beverly! That affirmation is great to hear and much needed sometimes. Same to you, friend!

      Delete