Monday, September 17, 2012

Mondays

I received the following in an email this morning.  I am unsure who originally said it, and there was not a direct reference to anyone; however, it really hit home.  I had been laying in bed this morning trying to organize my brain and figure out what needed to be accomplished as I have a lot of meetings and things to do today--which I dislike on a Monday as it seems to be a great day to get back into the writing groove after a busy weekend with kids home all day and various sporting events.  So, I was getting a little irritated about my day and then saw this in an email and had to chuckle.  I thought I'd share it in case any of you started your day today in similar fashion.

So far today I’ve done all right.  I haven’t gossiped, I haven’t lost my temper, I haven’t criticized or moaned.  I haven’t been snappy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over indulgent.  I’m very thankful for that.  But in a few minutes, I’m going to get out of bed.  And from then on I’m probably going to need a lot more help! 


It must have been just what I needed as the start of my bad attitude changed immediately.  I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your new week as well.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment