Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inspiration

I was sitting in the orthodontist's office this morning waiting for my kids to finish their appointments. I started reading a great book called SECRETS OF SERENITY: TIMELESS WISDOM TO SOOTHE THE SOUL. There were many wonderful snippets of inspiration, but here are a couple I found especially notable.

"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it as it is, is the only way of being happpy." Jennie Churchill (English Editor & Playwright)

"Life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced." Soren Kierkegaard (Danish Philosopher)

The second struck me particularly because, as writers, it is that reality we experience which gives us a solid foundation on which to create stories, characters and plot lines. It is often too easy to look at the path of life as problematic, especially in difficult times, but thinking of it as a reality to be experienced on the path to happiness seems very serene and inspiring to me.

Experience your life's reality and use it to create a masterpiece. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment