Hello...long time, no talk. Sorry! The last month has been a difficult and stressful time following the sudden and unexpected death of my mother-in-law. I've not been online or writing much, and my blog posts (or lack thereof as is the case) certainly reflects that.
Some time ago, my blog was tagged by author and fellow SCBWI Dakotas member and friend, Jane Heitman Healy, for the not-so-famous Leibster Award. The word "Leibster" means "favorite," so thank you, Jane!
The rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. No tag backs, but please leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
Here are my answers:
Eleven Random Things
1. I am a Speech/Language Pathologist.
2. My first PB (The Little Bug) is under contract with Guardian Angel Publishing.
3. I love to travel, especially Mexico.
4. I love to read and often wanted to fake being sick as a child, so I could stay home from school and read.
5. The town I live in (Mitchell, SD) has the world's only Corn Palace.
6. I got my undergrad degree at Notre Dame, so it was nice to have something great to cheer for this past football season (until the last game, that is:-().
7. I love chocolate.
8. I love to listen to Kenny Rogers (and saw him in concert at the Corn Palace).
9. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.
10. My family likes to camp in the summer months.
11. I hate all things fishy.
11 Questions from Jane
1. What is your favorite book?
Too many to name...I loved THE HELP and read every Nancy Drew book as a child.
2. Who is your favorite author?
I enjoy reading a wide variety of authors, but Judy Blume is probably an all time favorite.
3. What was your favorite vacation?
My honeymoon in the Cayman Islands.
4. What is your favorite song/singer/band/musical type?
I love country music in terms of type of music. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton is one of my favorites of all time.
5. What's the most unusual food you have eaten?
Frog legs (tastes just like chicken!).
6. What day of the week is your favorite?
7. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
8. Do you prefer dogs, cats or other?
I'm not much of an animal person but prefer dogs to cats.
9. What is something amazing about you?
I have three wonderful, healthy, happy children.
10. Do you prefer reading hard copy or online?
Hard copy all the way!
11. How often do you use the public library?
I go in spurts. It depends on my WIP, and whether it is nonfiction or fiction. I also seem to go more often in the summer when I am taking the kids more frequently.
Well, that is as far as I've gotten thus far, so my nominees and eleven questions for them will follow soon when I've had a little time to explore some blogs as I don't yet have 11 with fewer than 200 followers to name.
Again, thank you, Jane!