Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Read Widely

This morning, I was reading PAGE AFTER PAGE by Heather Sellers.  She was talking about needing to read widely as a writer.  It was like confirmation for me.  I LOVE to read, maybe even more than I love to write.  I'll read almost anything and could lounge for days in my bed with just books for company.  I've often felt badly about always wanting to read rather than do something else, something more productive.  When I read Ms. Sellers' words, it was like an affirmation. 

She says, "You can't get too far off track as a writer if you are reading.  In fact, I don't know any successful writers who don't read.  Writers read.  Reading completes the gesture.  Reading is what we do."

Well, there you go...couldn't have said it better myself.  I'll now feel more productive in my writing life when I am reading.  Thank you, Ms. Sellers!

No comments:

Post a Comment