Monday, November 7, 2011

STRENGTHS

A few weeks ago, I blogged about a new book I purchased, STRENGTHS FINDER 2.0. While I've not gotten very far in terms of reading the book, I did take the test. I found out my five main strengths are the following: Consistency, Harmony, Empathy, Discipline and Developer.

I now have to read through the descriptions of each personalized strength as well as the ideas for action provided. It will be interesting to see if my beliefs and thoughts are in line with what the test indicated and how I can apply these strengths to my writing life and goals. The idea is to focus on one's strengths rather than weaknesses and how to improve them, so I am hopeful I can find something useful to apply to my upcoming goals and objectives for 2012.

Please share if any of you have taken this test and found it useful or not at all helpful and the reasons why either is true. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Karin,I have not taken this test and am following your journey with excitement. Best wishes as you make the best better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane. I will let you know if it is worth it in the end!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete