Monday, November 28, 2011

HELP

I'm on a mission to determine if I am over thinking what I believe I should accomplish each day or under achieving. I know there are day-to-day happenings in life that affect each of us as writers. I also know we must be able to brush some aside at times to accomplish anything. It seems I start each new week knowing what I want to accomplish, setting out to do so with grand intentions and then continue to let life get in the way.

Granted, I've been dealing with a significant amount of family illness and extra work, but who doesn't at one time or another? I know I am either setting my goals too high and thus making them unattainable (which then often leads me to just give up for the day), or I am caving to the daily responsibilities far too often.

So, for any of you willing to share...can you give me a definitive idea of how much time per day, on average, you spend on writing? On writing-related activities such as market research and marketing current projects? Also, please indicate whether you are a full-time writer or if you must balance writing time with another full or part-time job. Another factor to consider in this mix is whether or not children (or a spouse) at home play a role in time considerations.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all information you can provide to help me figure out a doable schedule to balance writing, family and work. I think seeing what other writers find realistic will help me gain some perspective and foster more creativity, and I thank you for your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment