Monday, January 3, 2011

Pondering Goals

Happy New Year! Best wishes for a healthy, happy and prosperous new year to you all!

As I sat pondering my new goals for 2011 this morning, I was catching up on some blog reading. Kristi Holl posted a wonderful set of questions that got me thinking. Kristi suggested really spending some time this week pondering several questions, even journaling about them, to help set reasonable goals which one can attain. I wanted to share them with you in case some do not follow her blog (though, if you don't, you should!). Here is what she suggested this morning:

Take plenty of time to journal these questions this week:

How did I do on my 2010 goals (if you had any)?
What habits contributed to successfully completing any of the goals?
What situations/events/habits got me off track this year?
What worked for me in the past to get back on track?
What non-writing goals (in the areas of health, relationships, day job) would support the success of my writing goals?
What can I do to make the writing more fun (which motivates you to work on your goals)?

I am deep in thought about all of these and know I will set much better goals as a result. Thank you, Kristi!

To read more of Kristi Holl's wise words and thoughts, go to http://institutechildrenslit.net/Writers-First-Aid-blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment