Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Courage

I am finishing the book WALKING ON ALLIGATORS: A BOOK OF MEDITATIONS FOR WRITERS and saw this quote this morning...

"One of the marks of a gift is to have the courage of it." Katherine Anne Porter

The accompanying meditation talks of making "excuses for deferring the exercise of our talents" and how life, education and family duties can multiply and pull us away from our work. We cannot let it. "There is no other way to write...start now...each day...your gift will grow in proportion as you exercise it...your courage will grow in proportion as you feed it."

Here are the final words to the meditation. I am repeating them to myself over and over today and encourage you to do the same.

"Today, I will write. I will put writing first. I will begin a habit, and watch my courage grow."

Off you go...good luck and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment