Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bylines Inspiration

Do you own the Bylines 2010 Writer's Desk Calendar? I do and really love reading the messages from authors as I turn a new page each week. This week, I found particular inspiration from Jane Wenham-Jones. If you've not seen this calendar, it is a weekly planner for writers. As one turns each page, the left page is an author interview; the right, the weekly calendar. This week, the featured author was Jane Wenham-Jones. She spoke about writing when there seems to be no time. The words that really hit me were the following:

"I say if you wait until you've got the time to write, you never will have. However busy you are with kids, jobs and families, if you really want to do it, you just have to write anyway."

So true, so true. An author at a recent writer's conference I attended spoke of the same. Don't wait for the big blocks of time. They just don't happen. Writers write. We just need to do it. Now!

So, now, today, tomorrow and each day forward, let us all commit to want to do it and to do it. Each and every day. Even if it is only 15 minutes at a crack!

If you want to learn more about Jane Wenham-Jones, go to www.janewenham-jones.com. To learn more about or purchase a Bylines Writer's Desk Calendar, go to www.bylinescalendar.com.

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome! Your interview inspired me and was just what I needed.

    Thanks for visiting.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete