Monday, May 10, 2010

FOCUS

As I sat here contemplating the state of my day and where to begin, I saw something I printed out last week and highlighted. I was feeling sorry for myself as there is so much I need to do around the house that is going to eat into my writing time today, but I can't seem to get focused enough to tackle any writing projects without first tackling the chaos around me. The dust bunnies are out of control and multiplying like guppies; sheets need to be washed; piles of laundry have accumulated from a weekend softball tournament; bags need to be unpacked from the same--you get the idea! I pulled out my pile of writing projects to work on and saw one of the motivational pieces from last week that I received as part of Suzanne Lieurance's The Morning Nudge Club titled "It's All About Focus." What I have highlighted is this..."There will ALWAYS be something that eats up your writing time if you let it." So true, so true! Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way today to get focused on my writing without first attempting to get some organization in the chaos around me. I am going to succumb to that need in hopes of having more time to get focused on my writing the rest of the week. This is a delicate balance for writers when "work" is in the home. Some days I seem better able to put my blinders on so to speak and ignore the things that need to be done around me. Some days, I can't. I guess this is one of those. How do you manage the balance?

3 comments:

  1. Karin...don't be so hard on yourself. I too get the same feeling. If there is chaos around me I can't get a grip and concentrate. As long as you don't make it a habit, one day off is fine.

    Warmest regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna! Your words of wisdom always make me feel better.

    Have a great writing week.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREETINGS AND FAITHFUL SAYINGS:

    Greetings to one and all: In that most precious name. That name which is above every name, the name: "Jesus" ____There's tremendous power in that name. I'd suppose we'll never fully realize all that can truly be accomplished, by us simply calling out that name in true faith.____There's an old, old, gospel song that goes like this: Faith in the Father, faith in the Son, faith in the Holy Spirit, great victories are won. Demons will tremble and
    sinners will awake, faith in the Lord Jesus will anything shake.____For you who have never come into this realization, if you're reading this, just give him a welcome into your heart and life. You will both feel and see an awesome difference. You will have also purchased the ticket to heaven (by accepting), therefore making him welcome to come into your life. You will also sup from His cup that contains living water. (As did the woman at the well of Bethesda.) John 4:10____Much love, ____Your brother in Christ Jesus, who is both our Lord, and Savior.____www.eloquentbooks.com/BeyondTheGoldenSunsetAndByT... "http://www.eloquentbooks.com/OffToVisitTheProphetElijah____" ...

    ReplyDelete