Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Is Writing?

"Writing can feel like writing and still not be writing."

I read this today in Walking on Alligators. I, very often, feel I am spending all this time on my writing when, in essence, I am spending so much time on all the writing related activities and very little on actual writing. Market research, blog writing and reading, email communication, etc., is all well and good (and necessary in its place), but I have nothing to submit to my researched markets and no platform to foster on my blog if I've not spent any time devoted solely to the physical writing process. This is an ongoing issue for me as I seem to tackle the easy to check off items on my list of things to do before I address the more lengthy ones. I'm thinking perhaps I need to just write each morning before I even look at my list. I'll be one step ahead of the game before I even get to work! If you have any words of wisdom to share on what works for you, I'd love to listen.

4 comments:

  1. Karin...you have had a major Ah-ha moment! Go with your own advice. Write first, then tackle the list.

    Warmly,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Donna! Definitely an aha moment. I just wish it were as easy to do as to say.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to write, we really do! So WHY do we procrastinate so? Let's go WRITE. Thanks for the boost, Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to grab that boost with you, Jane!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete