Monday, July 27, 2009

HELP!

I've a question I wanted to toss out there to see if any of you have a suggestion. I'm finding very little time to sit and write and am a bit stagnant in the thinking capacity in that regard. I have so many great books I've started a bit of here and there but have not finished any. I'm hoping to stimulate some creativity and get myself back in gear, so I wanted to name a few and see if there are some that have been particularly helpful and/or inspiring to any of you out there.

--The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron
--From Where You Dream, Robert Olen Butler
--Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul, Jack Canfield
--Out of the Dust, Karen Hesse
--How to Write a Children's Book and Get It Published, Barbara Seuling
--Bird by Bird, Anne Lamott
--One Year to a Writing Life, Susan M. Tiberghien
--On Writing, Stephen King
--Writer Mama, Christina Katz

Does anyone care to cast a vote regarding on which book I should first concentrate my efforts? I would appreciate any advice you have to share!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karin:

    Oh, I know the feeling all too well. Seems to hit the hardest when the kids are off from school.

    I have read Barbara Seuling, Stephen King, and Christina Katz. All wonderful books and highloy recommend them all. I'll have to look into the others.

    Not on your list, but I would highly recommend:

    Writer's First Aid ~ Getting Organized, Getting Inspired, and Sticking to It by Kristi Holl.

    Sorry didn't mean to add yet another choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the insight, Donna! I've been meaning to purchase Kristi's book and kept thinking I should wait until I get through some of the others before adding to my pile. Perhaps I'll buy that and read it first!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin:

    Go for it. You'll be happy you did!

    Warmly,
    Donna
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
    ................................
    academic term papers-Essay Writing Help

    ReplyDelete